Thursday, May 30, 2013

So, Xbox One might kill this bog...

Please read this Endgadget article to understand my view and rantings...

According to the above mentioned article, not only will the Xbox one not be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games (which was semi-expected and understandable), but it also not be compatible with Xbox Live Arcade titles...that scares me. The article explains that because of the architecture of the new hardware in the Xbox One, it will not be compatible with the format of Xbox 360 games and Arcade titles now.

I'm hoping beyond hope that they will honor purchases made on Xbox 360 Live arcade titles and maybe just make versions of their titles tailored to the new GPU in the Xbox One. I assume thaat Microsoft Points will transfer without problem since that is tied to the Xbox.com account. I would like to hope that I don't have to repurchase all my favorite Arcade titles.

All of these changes might kill this blog. The new constantly persistent servers. The missing/lack of backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 games AND Xbox Live Arcade titles. The lack of visitors...but I enjoyed this. This won't be the last article. Hell, I probably won't buy an Xbox One myself until much later after the release date. Wait for any bugs in the hardware/software to be found and fixed first.

I've met a lot of smart and fun people through this. I've had fun trying something new and hopefully I'll just make another blog for Minecraft on the Xbox One. If you've been reading and following since my first post, bless you. If this is the first post you've ever read and you never find your way back again, thanks for visiting. I hope to be able to continue writing about things I love for years to come and that I can share it for those who are interested.

1 comment:

  1. ROBLOX is empowered by an ever growing community of over 300,000 creator players who generate an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

    These experiences range from 3D games and competitions, to interactive adventures where players can take on new personas discovering what it would be like to be a dinosaur, a miner working a mine or an astronaut on a space exploration.

    ReplyDelete