Thursday, August 15, 2013

So, I apologize...

Sorry about the lack of content and the inability to provide a 24/7 minecraft server. If you haven't been following along, I tried for awhile to run a 24/7 open host for Minecraft on Xbox 360. For awhile, it was working very well. However, as I learned the hard way, an Xbox 360 uses much more electricity than I thought and I couldnt afford that additional cost among my other bills. I tried asking for help, but nobody wanted to pitch in, so I had to shut it down.

I learned a lot from this experience and I don't want to give uo just yet. With the impending release of Xbox One though, with the promise of Minecraft for the new console and persistent servers to host matches (possibly including Minecraft seeds) , the need for a 24/7 host seems old fashioned and a waste of time. Again, I loved doing it, but it made my electric bill twice as expensive in just two weeks or so of running it!

The biggest issue is what to do with this blog....ill probably change it up a bit. For the next awhile, just give you a place to learn about Mineceaft 360 updates. I might want to host Minecraft Mini-Games or something; using this blog as a way to communicate between players and upcoming games and/or ideas.

Thanks for your time in reading this and hope to provide more content for you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment