Sunday, September 8, 2013

So, what have I been up to...

I know nobody asked, but I'm gonna tell ya. I'm going to try and bring my server/host back online. I might not be able to do it 24/7/365 like I tried in the past due to finances, but I can try at least having it open weekends, like friday through sunday. Maybe do it for a whole week if people want it.
Like I've said before: if you want it, you have to speak up.

Other than just an open survival world though, I might host different PvP or multiple "minigame" worlds. Just like before, this all depends on money and hardware. My Xbox 360 has been making whirring noises from the power block, and the hot summer here is even causing my a/c to give up.

Paying for electricity is also an issue. I know it may seem trivial, but look at my past posts where I figured the cost. (That being said, if my math is wrong, please tell me! I would rather be wrong than proven right.)

As always, thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment or hit me up on Xbox Live. My gamertag is: EvilFrank.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! How many people are usually on your server? Any special mods you use to keep things in order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading!

      In terms of # of players, it varies with what time of day. It can be empty for awhile, then full for just as long. More so in the summer when people aren't studying. People usually bring friends along, but my hopeful objective with this is to enable players to meet others. As you would when playing Minecraft on PC.

      I don't use any mods. The most "power" I will exercise is just kicking and banning, but I don't usually do that without a response from both parties involved in a timely manner. In rare cases, if I can trust them, I can appoint moderators to watch over the server/host if they plan on playing for an extended period of time.

      Also, just so we are on the same page, this is for an XBOX 360 host/server. I am thinking of hosting a 24/7 PC server as well, but that is far down the line.

      Delete