Wednesday, May 8, 2013

So, now it's becoming an ordeal...

The 24/7 host definitely needs tweaking. Can't find a middle ground on it. Still too many complaints. I'm thinking of a few things and I need everybody's input on it. If nothing is said, then hold your peace.
1. Change the privileges and circumstances of the host seed so that achievements ate disabled, but much better control of the circumstances.
2. I can't be on the host all day, so I would have to assign players as moderators and control/ban players who grief. So I may have to establish a heirarchy and shift schedule.
3.continuing with the shift schedule, ill have to figure out how everybody can play the host in a given day, as we've reached the player limit faster than I thought for lengths of time. So I may have to enforce a time limit as to how long people can play. And kick/ban people who don't follow that rule.
4. Griefers: players who steal/destroy/ruin a players chance to get ahead or have fun. Definitely a problem. Also kind of an element of playing online anywhere. so either work to prevent it or protect against it, or cry and hide under a rock. I will still have a zero tolerance policy against it. I catch you, I ban you. Simple as that.
5. It's gonna stop being fun if this cuts into anytime I want to play another Xbox game because I have to worry about your feelings. but again, this is all still an experiment and wouldn't be such a big issue if I had another Xbox lying around.
Thoughts? Comments? Suggesti
ons?

No comments:

Post a Comment