Thursday, May 16, 2013

So, anybody got a kill a watt i can borrow?

I'm still trying to find ways to bring the cost of running the Xbox 24/7 down. If I really got into it and gutted the system, I can make small changes. I can remove the DVD drive since it isn't needed for running Minecraft. I could remove or change the casing, alowwing me to remove or replace the fans that cool the system so it is more energy efficient. Although the cooling on an Xbox 360 slim is better designed and clearly efficient, so I wouldn't mess it with if I could.

Oh, and a kill a watt is the name of a device. It is used for accurately.measuring how many kilowatts a device is using at any time. You plug the Xbox in this case directly into the kill a watt device and then the device into an outlet.

1 comment:

  1. ROBLOX is empowered by an ever growing membership base of more than 300,000 creator players who provide an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

    These experiences range from 3D games and competitions, to interactive adventures where players can take on new identities discovering what it feels to be a dinosaur, a miner in a quarry or an astronaut out in space.

    ReplyDelete